The nice thing of a cardboard furniture is that it's robust but
lightweight and you can optimal use your space by creating the shelf in a size adapted to the size of your supplies.
The second nice afford is, you can use rubbish for creating new and useful things for almost no coast.
Step 1: Choose a Proper Cardboard, Tools
The base of this shelf is the strong cardboard. I just used old packaging.
Important is to use the cardboard build of two or three layers.
You will also need a wood glue (or the other strong paper glue), the scissors or a cutter and a cutting mat. Sticky foil or paint for decoration, if needed.
Step 2: Shelf Pattern
You can create your own patterns. Here is my calculation for the shelf size:
Hight between the shelf boards:
1) Measure your tools, that you want to put in the shelf;
2) Add a little room above, so you can put the tools inside or remove them from a shelf
1) Measure the cardboard thickness;
2) Decide how many cardboard layers you want to put together, I used 3 cardboard layers for the boards;
3) Multiply the thickness number with the count of a cardboard layer, this is your board thickness.
My shelf has 6 boards;
each board has the thickness of 1,5cm (3 layer of 0,5cm thick cardboard);
there are 20cm hight between two boards and 9,5cm hight between three boards;
the length of my side walls is 77,5 cm (= 1,5 board thickness + 20 hight between two boards + 1,5 board thickness + 20 hight between two next boards + 1,5 board thickness + 9,5 between two next boards + 1,5 board thickness + 9,5 between two next boards + 1,5 board thickness + 9,5 between two next boards + 1,5 board thickness);
the width is 9,5cm
Step 3: Prepare the Side Walls
1) Cut 8 stripes - 4 cardboard layer for each side wall. Size of each stripe is 9,5cm x 77,5cm.
2) Cut in 6 of stripes 1,5 hight holes at distance of 20, 20, 9,5 cm, left two stripes without a holes (those would be the outside of the shelf wall)
Step 4: Prepare the Boards
1) Cut 18 Squares - 3 cardboard layer for each of 6 boards. Size of each square is 9,5cm x 40cm.
2) Cut a hole at both ends with this you can assembly the shelf later.
Step 5: Glue Cardboard Layer Together
Glue together three cardboard layer for the boards and four cardboard layer for the side walls. Put glued pieces under heavy object for a while until the glue is dry.
Step 6: Assembly the Shelf
Just put the boards in the side wall holes.
You can also first put a glue in the holes for the better hold. Additional you can connect the side walls and the boards with a tacky tape for more hold.
Step 7: Cover the Shelf With a Sticky Foil
I covered the shelf with a sticky foil for protection and because I have black furniture in my room. But you can also spray or paint it or just leave it like it is.