This is a cheap (under 5$) gross, Halloween treat for the kids (OR ADULTS SEE ALT RECIPE)
6oz jello, i used black cherry and blackberry
3/4 oz knox unflavored gelatin
3 cup boiling water
3/4 cup whipping cream
green food coloring
ALT ADULT RECIPE replace 3 cups water with 1 1/2 cup vodka 1cup raspberry pucker, 1/2 cup water
1. In a medium, heat safe mixing bowl, stir together plain and flavored gelatin powders.
2. Pour boiling water over, stirring until gelatin is fully dissolved.
3. Allow gelatin to cool til only slightly warm.
4. Stir whipping cream into the gelatin mixture. Stir in green food coloring (you'll probably need 10 drops or more) until your gelatin gets that purpley-brown-grey color of earthworms.
5. With your 100 straws fully extended and snug in your chosen container, pour the gelatin mixture over the straws, filling the container.
6. Cover container and chill at least 8 hours. You can make them and store them this way up to two days in advance of your Halloween party.
7. Remove straws from their container (cutting or ripping a disposable container away is easiest).
8. With hot tap water running, place batches of 4-5 straws under hot running water for a couple quick seconds.
9. Remove "worms" from their straw casings, pressing with fingers. Set on waxed paper to set up.
10. Repeat until all worms are removed.
11. Chill, covered, on waxed paper at least 2 hours.
*DEFINATELY SEPERATE WORMS ON WAX PAPER AS YOU PUSH THEM OUT OR THEY WILL SET UP IN A BIG CLUMP, I REALIZED THAT AFTER THE FIRST 10 STRAWS. THAT WAY THEY CAN SET UP INDIVIDUALLY.
There you have it a ghoulish treat for the kiddies or adulties, try making multiple batches with different shades of brown n purples for a cool realistic presentation. Or add them as toppers to other deserts. Happy Halloween!