Our amounts will make six (6) ramekins full of Creme Brulee.
You will need (ingredients):
- one vanilla bean
- 5dl / 1 pint of thick cream. We used 35% cream.
- 1dl / 1/2 cup of plain refined sugar
- 1dl / 1/2 cup of nice sugar - we used unrefined brown sugar
- 3 eggs (really only the yolks. Make meringues (link here!) with the whites!)
- some butter
You will also need (equipment)
- A sharp knife
- A small spoon
- A whisk
- A saucepan
- A deep pan. The kind you make lasagna in will do. It has to be oven-proof and about as deep as your
- 6 ramekins. We used teacups we found at a weird stuff shop.
- Mixing bowl.
- A stove and an oven.
It will help if you also have a ladle. For the funky fire exercises, you'll need a butane torch. You could use the oven set to broil as an alternative solution, but that has less fire involved.