Introduction: Crispy Churros
My love affair with churros started a few months ago, when i learnt its recipe from a TLC cookery show.. :) i made a small batch for testing and they turned out so good..that i couldn't resist myself from making more churros..
Churros are simple fritters which look like a fat french fry.. :P
They are the Spanish equivalent of doughnuts, sold at cafes and at street vendor's carts.
In India a similar version of churro is popularly known as *Shakar pare* which means sugary bites.
A churro isn't a churro without a cinnamon sugar shower.. :D
serve them warm with chocolate sauce or honey or whipped cream..
I hope you like it.. :)
Step 1: Ingredients
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Powdered white sugar - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp + more for deep frying
- salt - 1/2 tsp
Step 2: Prepare the Dough
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 tbsp sugar, salt and 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Bring to a boil.
- remove from heat.
- stir in the flour until a smooth dough is formed. make sure there are no lumps.
- fill the dough in piping bag.
Step 3: Deep Frying
- Heat oil in a deep skillet.
- pipe strips of dough into hot oil from the pastry bag.
- Fry until golden and drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.