Introduction: Crispy Onion Rings
Try these crispy tangy two minute snacks with your favorite dips.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Onion - 2
- Eggs - 2
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - According to taste
- Cornflour - 1/2 cup
- Refined Flour - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Bread Crumbs - 1 cup
- Oil - 4-5 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Step 2: Preparation
1. Peel and slice onions into rounds of 1/3 inch thickness.
2. Separate the onion roundels into rings and keep the center part aside. Use only the outer big rings.
3. Take a bowl and whisk the egg whites only. Add red chilli powder , salt ,black pepper and baking powder in it . whisk it properly.
4. Dip onion rings in the mixture until they are all coated, add some milk in it and mix it properly.
5. Now, add refined flour and cornstarch in it and whisk it slowly.
Step 3: Coating With Bread Crumbs
1. Transfer the onion rings to the bread-crumb bowl. Dredge or toss the onion ring in the bread crumbs until covered.
2. Pre -heat the oven at 200 degree celcius, grease the baking tray from oil.
3. Place the onion rings on baking tray.
4. Bake the onion rings for 10 minutes then flip them once within that 10 min and continue the baking process until they’re golden brown and crispy.
Step 4: Serving
After Baking it , Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
You can garnish it with coriander leaves or mint leaves.