Voila! No fuss, no muss Chicken Fingers! Crispy outside, tender and juicy inside!
Here's my recipe...
Step 1: Food Essentials:
Also known as... Ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless Chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 eggs + 1 teaspoon water
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 Tablespoons dry Ranch dressing/dip mix
- 1" Wasabi paste from tube (1/2 teaspoon)- optional- (so optional, I forgot to add it! ;-)
- Oil for frying- or- butter for sauteing. (See Author's Notes)
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese- optional
- Your favorite dipping sauce. If you crave "spicy", I think you'll love my recipe for Jalapeno Metchup sauce.
Step 2: Velvetize:
Separate the eggs. Whisk the egg whites until frothy. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the flour over the egg whites and whisk until combined.
For chicken fingers, cut the chicken tenderloins in half lengthwise. For chicken nuggets, cut the tenderloins vertically into 3 pieces.
Dip the chicken pieces in the egg white mixture to coat. Carefully slip the them into the boiling water. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and poach for 3-5 minutes until just cooked. Remove immediately with a slotted spoon and cover with plastic wrap.