While I was crocheting my dragon, I noticed that he started to look too cute, and Smaug the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities is not cute. To make him look more fearsome I added some extreme elements (well extreme as far as crochet goes). I used red LEDs for the eyes and smoke and sparks rising from his nostrils.
Step 1: What you will need
- Yarn: yellow and two shades of red (the yarn for the spikes is weight class 4 and the primary red and yellow yarns are weight class 3 -though I'm guessing about the 3 since it is not listed on the package, it is slightly thinner than the other red)
- crochet hook (2.5mm)
- stitch marker
- embroidery thread and needle
- glitter glue
- cotton ball
- LEDs: two red -I bought a bunch of different colour LEDs on eBay
- LED tealight - you can find these at a dollar store
- needle nose pliers
- conductive thread - I bought mine online at Soft Circuit, you can also get it at Spark Fun, Aniomagic, or if you live in Canada there is this place.
- optical fibres - I found a dollar store toy that had optical fibre ( you can also find some on eBay)