Introduction: Crochet Marshmallow
Basic instructions on how to make a cute little crochet marshmallow. This original pattern uses only two stitches so it's easy for a beginner!
Step 1: Instructions
I used worsted weight yarn and a size H crochet hook
SC = single crochet
Dec = single crochet 2 loops together
1. Chain 2
2. 6 SC in 2nd chain from hook (total of 6 stitches)
3. 2SC in each loop x 6 (total of 12 stitches)
4. 1SC, 2SC in each loop x 6 (total of 18 stitches)
5. SC in the back loop only x 18
6. SC around for 5 more rounds (or 6 rounds if you want it a little taller)
7. At this point, you may attach safety eyes and a sewn on mouth, or you can glue on eyes and a mouth later on.
8. Stuff the marshmallow until almost full
9. 1SC in back loop, Dec in back loops x 6 (reduces stitched from 18 – 12)
10. Dec x 6 (reduces stitches from 12 – 6)
11. Stuff the marshmallow a little more
12. Finish off and you’re done! (when finishing off, you may wish you pull the end through the top of the marshmallow to help maintain the square-ish shape)
13. Stick a skewer into the bottom for a marshmallow on a stick
2 People Made This Project!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.