Medals can be costly, but crochet medals are easy and cheap! All you need is some yarn and a hook and you are good to go. The stitches used to make this are pretty basic and you get lovely results!
I made this in honor of the 2014 Winter Olympics, but you can use it for anything! Who wouldn't like getting a personalized crochet medal!
Step 1: Supplies
- Main Yarn Color for medal - I used Caron Sunshine yellow - suggested hook size H/8 5mm
- Optional Highlight Color for medal - I used Vanna's Glamour Topaz - suggested hook size G/6 4.25mm
- Yarn colors for Ribbon: I used Red Heart Red, White, and Blue - suggests hook size I/9 5.5mm
- Yarn Needle: I use a plastic canvas needle which is medal and sturdy
- Crochet hook, I used E/4 3.5 mm which was smaller than any of my yarn called for, but I like a tighter look. I have this little awesome crochet hook kit because then I have ALL THE SIZES!