Step 1: Yarn and Crochet Hook
Then get a larger sized richer hook (or needles if you knit). I used size "I".
Step 2: Crochet ( If You Know How to Knit or Crochet Skip This Step)
1) for a start, place needle on your pointer so that hook is where your finger nail is wrap yarn over needle.
2) twist counter clockwise.
3) wrap yarn back around needle.
4) pull the loop of yarn that you made first, over the new loop and make a knot, like in the 4th image in the step.
5) wrap yarn around the needle again and pull the original loop over the new loop. ( yay! a stitch! )
6) continue making single stitches until your string is long enough to wrap around your neck.
-personally I made six strings twice the length so that I could loop the scarf over my head.
-also you can do 2-3 strands of yarn and crochet them together.