I got my mom a Kindle as an early Christmas gift and decided to make a case to go with it.  My mom has a thing for 'butter yellow', but a plain yellow case was too boring so I added some flowers for a bit of color.  It has a cute spring-y look about it in the end. 

The case is designed to be use with the basic Kindle but could be used with any eReader that's about the same size (6.5" x 4.5" x 0.34)

You will need:
  • G Hook
  • 2 small buttons
  • 1 larger button for closure
  • Yarn needle
  • Sewing thread and needle
  • Pencil
  • Medium weight yarn in yellow, green, blue, purple and pink (I used Sugar’n Cream cotton yarn in vanilla bouquet, sage green, light blue, hot purple and hot pink)

Step 1: Crochet the Sleeve and Decorations.

The sleeve and closure strap are made from the base color (in this case yellow).

Crochet Abbreviations

DC=Double Crochet
HDC=Half Double Crochet

Row 1: CH 20
Row 2: SC in second chain from hook, SC x 18, CH 1, turn (19 stitches)
Row 3 – 56: SC x 19, turn
Tie off.

Row 1: CH 6
Row 2: SC in second CH from hook, SC x 5, CH 1, turn (5 sc)
Rows 4 – 7: SC x 5, CH 1, turn
Row 8: DC x 2, CH 1, skip next stitch, DC x 2, CH 1, turn
Row 9: SC x 5, tie off

Small Flower:
Row 1: CH 4, slip stitch into first stitch form ring
Row 2: SC x 8 in middle of the ring, join with slip stitch, turn (8 stitches)
Row 3: SC x 5 in next stitch, slip stitch in next stitch, repeat x 3, tie off

Repeat with a second color.

Large Flower
Row 1: CH 6, join with slip stitch to form ring
Row 2: SC x 10 in the middle of the ring, join with slip stitch, turn
Row 3: HDC x 5 in first stitch, slip stitch in next stitch, repeat x 4, tie off

Large Stem: CH 25 out of green yarn.

Short Stem: CH 15 (make two) out of green yarn.
This is great work, It looks really nice. I really like the way the flower is the strap to close the case.
I love this!
Very cute! At first I thought you did <a href="http://www.favecrafts.com/Kitchen-Crochet/Flower-Dish-Cloth-Crochet-Pattern">this</a> for the stems. You were able to sew them on so well that they look like they perfectly belong where they are :)

About This Instructable




Bio: I'm a crafty country girl with a slight Star Wars obsession :) I craft, cook, garden, sew, doodle, homestead, crochet, knit, weight lift (obstacle race ... More »
More by CreativeTiffany:How to Recolor Sprites in Gimp for Beginners Crocheted Flower Case for Kindle eReaders Cute Eraser Charm Jewelry 
Add instructable to: