Introduction: Crocheted Whale
Hello everyone. I have come again to bring this pocket sized whale. Again, quick project. I am building up a store of quick patterns to make so I can start selling the results. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Step 1: Needed Materials, Stitches Used, and Other Notes
- a size F (3.75 MM) crochet hook
- blue yarn
- white yarn
- black yarn
- red felt
- black felt
- yarn needle
- hot glue gun (optional)
- magic ring (mr)
- single crochet (sc)
- increase (inc)
- decrease (dec)
- This is an excellent way to change colors, if you do not know how to do so well already.
Step 2: Creating the Body/Head
in a mr, sc 10 using the blue yarn
- Round 1: inc in each stitch (20)
- Round 2: *sc in 1 stitch, inc in 1 stitch* repeat from * to * around (30)
- Rounds 3-7: sc in every stitch around
Color change to white
- Rounds 8+9: sc in every stitch around
- Round 10: crocheting in the front loop only, *sc in 3 stitches, dec once* repeat from * to * around (24)
- Round 11: crocheting normally again, *sc in 2 stitches, dec once* repeat from * to * around (18)
- Round 12: *sc in 1 stitch, dec once* repeat from * to * around (12)
- Round 13: dec around (6)
Finish off and stuff the body firmly. Weave in ends.
Step 3: Creating the Tail and Fins
In a mr, sc 2
- Round 1: inc in each stitch (4)
- Round 2: sc in 1 stitch, inc in 2 stitches, sc in 1 stitch (6)
Finish off and weave in ends.
in a mr, sc 4
- Rounds 1-4: sc in each stitch around.
Finish off and weave in the ends.
Step 4: Creating the Face Pieces
Cut out two small hearts out of red felt.
Cut out two small black eyes.
Step 5: Assembling
Attach, either with hot glue or yarn, tail piece over the color change to hide it. Add the fins as shown.
Embroider the mouth with black yarn opposite of the tail piece. Attach the heart pieces to the ends of the mouth. Center the eyes over the mouth.
Third Prize in the
Featured Author Contest: DeandrasCrafts
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.