Introduction: Crocodile Stitch Crocheted Booties and News Boy Style Crocheted Cap!
- To make the crocheted Crocodile stitch booties; I used the pattern from AMY’S CROCHET PATTERNS: You can find more information at this site: https://www.youtube.com/user/amray767
- To make the Newsboy style crochet cap; I used the pattern from Vallieskids because it is very similar to what I use. You can find more information at this site: http://vallieskids.blogspot.com
I started making these for my grandchild and it takes me about a day to make one complete set. I think they turned out just adorable and they are very addicting to make. I hope you enjoy making them as much I do as they are made with love!
Crochet Crocodile Stitch Booties
- Hook (you can use either G, H, or I depending upon size you want)
- Red Heart Yarn (one)
- Yarn needle
- sl st=slip stitch
- sc=single crochet
- hdc=half double crochet
- fphdc= front post half double crochet
- Chain 2, work 6 hdc in the 2nd chain from the hook. sl st on top of the chain 2 -6 hdc
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, *Work 2 hdc in each hdc around, *Repeat around, sl st in beginning hdc -12 hdc
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, *2hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the next hdc, *Repeat around, sl st -18 hdc
- Rnd 4-6.: Hdc in each hdc around, (work in continual rounds without a slip stitch, use a marker) *Repeat this for (3 Rounds for Newborn, 4 Rounds for 3-6 Months, 4 Rounds for 6-12 Months)
- Rnd 7-12: Turn, *Chain 1, hdc around to the previous last hdc, Turn *Repeat for a total of (6 Rows for Newborn, 7 Rows for 3-6 Months, 7 Rows for 6-12 Months)
- Take the ends and slip stitch the ends together to complete the heel, turn inside out so the seam won't show.
- Finish off and weave in the ends.
- Attach the yarn in the middle of the top part of heel.
- Single crochet around the opening of the bootie once. sl st. -20 sc,
- Make your end with 20 sc around.
v-stitch: (hdc, ch 1, hdc)
- Rnd 1: Ch 3, hdc in same stitch,* skip 1 ch, v-st in next ch, rep from *
around, join with sl st on top of first hdc. – 10 v-stitches
- Rnd 2: Ch 2 (counts as a hdc), working from top to bottom around post of first hdc of first V-st, work 3 fphdc, turn work so v-st is sideways, ch 1, working from bottom to top around post of second hdc of v-st, work 4 fphdc , * skip next v st, working from top to bottom work 4 fphdc around post of first hdc of next v st, ch 1, turn work so v-st is sideways, working from bottom to top around post of second hdc of v st, work 4 fphdc, rep from * around; join with sl st in top of first hdc.- -5 crocodile stitches in total.
- Rnd 3: Ch 3, hdc in same st, insert hook in space in the center of the crocodile stitch and complete a v- st, *v-st in next ch 1 sp, insert hook in the space in the center of the crocodile stitch and complete a v-st, repeat from * to * around; join with sl st in top of first hdc
- Rnd 4: Repeat rnd 2 into alternate v-st
- Rnd 5: Repeat rnd 3
- Rnd 6: Repeat rnd 2 into alternate v-st
- Finish off and weave in the ends.
Newsboy Crochet Cap
- F hook
- 1skein of red heart yarn any color
- Needle and thread
- ch: chain
- sl st: slip stitch
- dc: double crochet
- Rnd: round
- st: stitch
- sts: stitches
- anything between * means to repeat again
- Rnd 1) ch3, 11dc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st to top of first dc, 11dc
- Rnd 2) ch2 (does not count as st, now and throughout) 2dc in each st around, 22dc
- Rnd 3) ch2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next st, * 2dc in next st, dc in next st, repeat from * around. 33dc
- Rnd 4) ch2, 2dc in same st, dc in next 2sts, * 2dc in next st, dc in next 2sts, repeat from * around, 44dc
- Rnd 5-10) ch2, dc in same st and in each st around, fasten off
- attach yarn closer to the front away from the joining of rounds.
- Row 1) 2sc in first st, sc across 18sts, 2sc in next sts, ch 1, turn
- Row 2-4) ch1 sc in same st and in each st across, ch1, turn
- Row 5-7) ch1, sc first 2sts together, sc across to last 2sts, sc last 2sts together. Do not turn, continue around side of brim to sc evenly around hat and across brim.
- Fasten off weave in ends.
- You can embellish this hat with buttons, flowers, or ribbon. I added a strap for the buttons!
- Chain 24
- Row1: sc in second chain from hook sc to the last stitch, ch 1 then turn
- Row 2: sc in each sc across
- Fasten off
- Attach strap to brim with buttons.