Introduction: Cross Stitch Bookmark
This is a simple cross stitch bookmark that you could make as a gift for one of your favourite book worms. They only take a couple of hours depending on your design. Enjoy!
Step 1: What You Will Need...
Aida (I am using 16 count)
Cross stitch threads
A small piece of plastic (cut from a folder)
Step 2: Getting Started...
1. Measure a piece of aida 150mm x 40mm (or any size you want really!) and cut out.
2. Now, I usually draw my design onto aida paper so that I can get it accurate. I usually find an alphabet cross stitch or simple image pattern. It's up to you! If you feel confident to go ahead without this, that's fine!
3. Get stitching!
Step 3: Tidy It Up...
4. Now you have finished stitching your design you need to back it to hide the knots.
5. Find some scrap material (old t-shirt, jeans, etc) and using a running stitch, sew your cross stitch onto the fabric.
Optional... Sometimes to make my bookmark stiff, I cut up a piece of thin plastic (an old folder) and put a thin strip in between the aida and the backing material. This means my bookmark isn't so floppy.
6. Cut away the excess material.
Step 4: Finished? Get Reading!
These are so simple to make and can be personalised to your taste!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.