I've added files for a robot and bumblebee pattern. You should be able to manipulate the Illustrator files to make your own images.
Special thanks to Procyon, Eric and Christy's son, for modeling in his first Instructable!
Step 1: Materials
2. Embroidery Needle - as thin as possible to get through the holes
3. Black Acrylic - 1/4" x 12" x 12" makes 2 hangers
4. Laser Cutter - you send files to Ponoko to have them cut if you don't have access to one
Step 2: Files and Patterns
Step 3: Setting Up Thread
- Cut a piece of thread the length of your arm span.
- The thread is made up of 6 strands. Separate the thread into two strand bundles - thus each length of 6 strand thread will give you 3 lengths of 2 strand thread.
- Working with one of the lengths of thread - fold it in half and thread both ends through the eye of the needle.