Introduction: Cup of Light
In this instructable I will show you how to design an interior space in a few easy steps.
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools
1. 12 Coffee Cups
2. 12 “White” color LED Lights
3. 12 “Four Colors” LED Lights
4. About 30 tacks
5. 3V output adapter
6. 30 meters of wire (you can use less)
7. 4 black paperboards (50*70 cm)
6. Blade (for corrections)
Step 2: Installation
1. Draw a plan on a paper in scale (here I use a 200*180 cm square)
2. Use your pencil and meter and transfer your plan on the wall (mark the center of coffee cups on the wall)
3. Create two holes nearby the edges of coffee cups with tip of scissors and pass two wires through each hole; then fix the wires with two types of LED light (see the image)
- Note: Do not forget the positive and negative wires.
4. Fix coffee cups in place with tacks and bring other side of wires to one point on the wall.
- Note: you can use lighter to melt tip of wires
- Note: after each fixture, test your coffee cups for lighting with adapter
Step 3: Finilizing
5. Stick paperboards together and draw your plan on paperboard in real scale; use compass for coffee cup circles and you can use a wire and a pencil to draw big curves.
- Note: coffee cup circles radius is equal to top radius of the coffee cups.
6. Cut drawing lines from paperboard and put the paperboard on the wall and pass it through the coffee cups, then stick it on the wall with glue or other tools.
- Note: this is not very easy to draw a plan on the wall exactly same as drawing on a paperboard, so you must check paperboard on wall after each cut of circles
7. Turn on one of LED lights or both and enjoy!
Step 4: Final Pictures
You can use this beautiful method for designing different spaces, cheap, easy and fast.