I know there are plenty 'candle-making' instructables on here already, but most of them end with rather straightforward, standard shaped candles. With this instructable I will try to give some examples of what you can do with candles to make them original, and personal!
Besides this is my first instructable, so feel free to give advice for my next one!
Step 1: Materials & Tools
For making the candles:
- candle wax, or old candles you have lying around
- 2 cooking pots/pans for melting the wax
- candle wicks, or similar strings or cords (no plastic stuff)
For making the molds:
You can use a large variety of materials for the molds, but there are some things to remember when choosing a specific material. I will describe some that I have used.
- foamboard (foam inbetween 2 layers of thin smooth cardboard), is sturdy enough not to deform when you pour the wax. makes for smooth surfaces.
- thin cardboard, can be both smooth or rough, texture will reflect on the candle surface.
IMPORTANT! thin cardboard can bend inwards while the wax is cooling (and shrinking)!
- a hobby knife to cut the materials
- glue, hobby glue or any woodglue will do
- masking tape to hold the mold in place while the glue dries