Besides this is my first instructable, so feel free to give advice for my next one!
Step 1: Materials & tools
- candle wax, or old candles you have lying around
- 2 cooking pots/pans for melting the wax
- candle wicks, or similar strings or cords (no plastic stuff)
For making the molds:
You can use a large variety of materials for the molds, but there are some things to remember when choosing a specific material. I will describe some that I have used.
- foamboard (foam inbetween 2 layers of thin smooth cardboard), is sturdy enough not to deform when you pour the wax. makes for smooth surfaces.
- thin cardboard, can be both smooth or rough, texture will reflect on the candle surface.
IMPORTANT! thin cardboard can bend inwards while the wax is cooling (and shrinking)!
- a hobby knife to cut the materials
- glue, hobby glue or any woodglue will do
- masking tape to hold the mold in place while the glue dries