Your device (shuffle, ipod, mp3 player, itouch) can be easily be inserted and removed from hat. The cord runs through the stocking cap and the earphones neatly fit through slits in inner hat band. This hat is made with 3 pieces of fleece (1 hat band and 2 identical long wedge pieces).
Project time: 1 evening.
Step 1: Supplies list
- 1/4 yd clear table cloth plastic from fabric store
- Polar Fleece (If your head measures 24"; or less buy 1 yard. Buy 1 1/4 yards if you think you might need more.)
- (optional) 1/2 yd light wt. fusible interfacing to stabilize polar fleece. This is to press on where you are going to sew. It is good to have it if you can't adjust your presser foot tension.
- The interfacing keeps the fleece from stretching.
- Matching thread
- Fabric chalk, fabric pencil or lead pencil
- Seam ripper
- Tape measure
- Yard stick
- Sewing machine
- Sharp pointed scissors
- Square or something with a 90 degree corner (hardbound book)
- Measuring board if you have it (a real plus)
- 1 button