I never let a little cold weather stop me from wearing a dress. Last winter I found this awesome sweater fabric (the patten name is Kitty apparently) on sale at my local fabric store. I wrote this tutorial for making a custom fit wrap dress to make use of the fabric. I hope you enjoy!
Step 1: Measurements
Here are the measurements you'll need.
Step 2: Cutting the Top
Cut two (opposite of each other) as follows
Step 3: Upper Back
Step 4: The Skirt
For the skirt, cut three panels
Step 6: Steps 5-6
5. Sew ties together, turn right-side out, top stitch. Now you’ll have to strips
6. Assemble the panels, attach the skirt to the top, pleating in the excess in the skirt.
Step 7: Steps 7-8
7. Sew Front panels to back panel at shoulder.
8. Trace arm hole, add seam allowance. Cut two as follows:
Step 8: Sew Panels Together
Sew front right panel to back panel along side seam
Step 9: Steps 10-11
10. Pin one tie strap in place on back panel at left side seam. Then sew together back panel, tie strap and front left panel along seam.
11. Pin sleeve to dress, sew
Step 10: Finishing Seams
Finish the neckline/side seams by rolling the edge
Step 11: Finishing Touches
13. Hem the bottom
14. Attach the second tie strap to the outer edge of the right front panel
15. Attach hooks on the outer left panel and on the side seam which attaches the right front panel to the back panel. This is so when you put the dress on the left panel will stay secured with the hooks and the right panel is tied in place.