After I got the basic shape of the knife, I moved onto stock removal as I normally do. I used a large belt grinder(2x72) to do most of this work. First was grinding it flat, followed by profiling. I then drilled the holes in the blade for the pins.
Next was grinding the bevels. I clamped on a small set of steel bars on the piece, to make sure I didn't cut too far. Grinding the bevels is a tedious process, that just requires lots of practice.
After the grinder, I finished the bevels with a file. I simply clamped the piece in a vice, and started filing.
Heat treat followed. I heated the whole thing to a solid orange, focusing on the edges and tip. I did a simple quench in oil, and no tempering.
I finished the blade on a bench grinder with a set of wire wheels. It's a very easy finish, with fairly satisfactory results.
The handle scales are micarta. I cut them to size, drilled the holes in them to match the steel, and cut the 1/4 inch brass pins to size. I glued the whole system together with two part epoxy. After drying, I used a angle grinder with a grinding disc to take away the highly excess material. When it got down to the final shape, I moved to using the small 1x30 belt sander. I finished it up by hand, increasing the grit number of the paper. I sharpened the knife, and it was ready for a sheath.
I made the sheath out of pvc piping. I just made a few cuts to get the sheath shape, and hot formed it, after using a heat gun on it. I pressed it between a 2x4 and the granite countertop. I spray painted it black, and it was done.