Klean Kanteen's Reflect
bottle is great because it's made with no paint or plastic (just steel, silicone, and bamboo). Even better, the lid is a great platform for burning with lasers, like the laser cutters at TechShop
I took the opportunity to burn in the logo for the school I work at, the Boulder Outdoor Survival School
. The biggest challenge was figuring out how to align the lid in the laser cutter. Once I figured that out, the rest was easy.
Note that I don't go into a lot of depth about how to use the laser cutter, but I assume if you have access to one, you know how to use it or have access to someone who can help (e.g. at Techshop).
- a Klean Kanteen reflect bottle (or just the lid
- some scrap bamboo to test the laser settings
- some cardboard or other material to use as a template
- masking tape to prevent scorch marks
- fine steel wool to buff any scorch marks
- access to a laser cutter