A friend that married a few years ago bought beer steins for each of his best men. He bought most from eBay and each one had a meaning to the recipient - for instance, one that liked golf had a golf-themed stein. I liked his gesture and wanted something similar. Although we didn't have a bridal party and we did not intend to make them for everyone.
By using wine and liquor bottles we gave a little extra life to something that was discarded. We plucked the bottles from community recycling drop bins.
Step 1: Requirements
- bottles! (wine bottles are pretty good but some liquor bottles work too)
- a tile saw
- rotary tool with grinding bits
- multiple grades of fine sandpaper
- letter decals
- glass etching paste
- face shield, hearing protection, and respiratory protection
- the names or initials of the guests you want glasses for