Got a ragged out guitar that still plays but looks awefull? Then this instructable is for you! I will show you how to quickly, easily, and cheaply customize your beat up old guitar. The examples I'm showing are more girly versions but you could easily alter the outcome and personalize yours in any way you want.
Step 1: Supplies needed...
Here is a list of things you will need for this instructable...
1. Beat up, ragged out, kicked around, scratched, dented, and sorry guitar
2. Krylon outdoor spray paint
3. Sand paper, around 120 grit
4. 1 roll masking tape
5. StaZ-On Stamp pad (found at craft and hobby stores, i.e. Hobby Lobby)
6. Rubber Stamps or cut your own out of fun foam (found at craft stores)
7. Rub-Ons (found in the scrapbooking area of craft stores)
8. Rhinestones (I used Swarovski Crystal rhinestones)
Step 2: To Begin...
Wash the guitar to remove any grit and grime. Loosen the strings and remove them and then remove the hardware by unscrewing the 4 tiny screws under each hardware set. (you will not touch the 3 larger screws as these are for tightening loose and rattling hardware) Be sure to save all the screws and hardware pieces to put them back onto your guitar, although now is a perfect opportunity to replace the hardware. If you find yourself having to tune and retune your guitar it could be because the hardware is worn out. New hardware is relatively inexpensive and can give your guitar a nice new look as well.