Adding belts to your boots is soooooo easy!!
Now that we're clear on that, this tutorial will show you how to add belts to your boots to give them some extra detail and you can really customize this to suit your style! The process for attaching the belts also gives you the ability to change them out easily if you ever want to switch things up!
Hope you enjoy! : )
Step 1: Check Out the Full Video Tutorial!
Step 2: Gather Your Supplies
- Leather Hole Punch (You can find these for around $10 and they come in very handy! Here is a similar one)
- Optional- Lighter (I used some elastic belts so I used a lighter to melt the edges)
- Pair of Boots ( I am using Bearpaw Emma Tall Cold Weather Boots in Black, you can find the same kind here)
- Assorted Belts ( I found mine at Rue 21 on sale for $2 each! Sale racks are a great place to find belts!)
- Rivets (I'm using 10mm gold spike studs, you can find the same kind here) *If your using a thicker leather belt I would suggest using a larger rivet so you have enough room to screw on the stud)
Step 3: Cut Belt Lengths
- Measuring Tape/Ruler
- Lighter (if your using elastic belts)
The first step is to cut your belts down to size. I positioned mine on the back and measured them to fit in between both side seams.
I also used some elastic belts so to keep the edges from fraying I melted the ends with a lighter.
Step 4: Attach the Belts
- Leather Hole Punch
- Your Boots
- Belt Pieces - Cut To Size
Start by positioning one belt on the back of your boots.
Decide where you want to insert the rivets and use an awl (or something sharp) to poke holes through your boot for your rivets. The nice about using screw on rivets is that they give you the ability to switch out your belts in case you want to switch them out for another color or style!
Insert the the back of the rivet through the inside of your boot so the threaded end is sticking out.
Now you can attach your belt over the screw backing. I poked a hole with an awl for my elastic belts and used a leather hole punch to create a hole on my thicker leather belt.
Once your belt is in place just simply screw on the top of the rivet.
Repeat this process to attach all of your belts, and your done!
Step 5: Wear and Enjoy!
All that's left to do is to wear them and enjoy! : )