but I didn't want to engrave directly to my iPhone surface. Instead, I decided to engrave my design to the iPhone cover.
- iPhone5 case
(I used SF Matte case from Amazon.com http://goo.gl/5Qnt1)
- Your design file (either by illustrator or by CoreDraw)
- Epilog Laser Cutter (@ TechShop)
Step 1: Prepare a your own design
- from http://epilogfiles.com/facebook/
- or download the attached file (shared by James Stanaway)
2. Put your design on the back of iPhone5 below the Camera parts.
- if you want to directly engrave your art work to the back of iPhone5,
please, don't forget testing on a similar metal or at least similar depth paper.
because your iPhone is more valuable than those testing materials.
Be aware of the fact that this engraving work can't be reversed !!!!!!!
3. Delete other parts except your design
- After adjusting the position of it, before engraving, you need to remove template components.
- Otherwise, these will be engraved together with your design.
Avoid using a complicated photo as the Youtube video showed.
I tested to engrave a portrait photo on a paper in order to see how it looked.
Hardly get the fined engraved photo as itself.
It might depend on the material you engraved, but I don't want to test it on my back cover.