Introduction: Cute Crochet Bows
Crochet and Knitting is a wonderful art to learn. You can make almost anything using a ball of yarn and a crochet hook. Crochet projects are not only limited to clothing, you can even design your own accessories, make a cozy blanket for the winters, create a lot of household utilities and the list just goes on.
Once you learn to crochet, I bet you would not be disappointed. So grab a crochet hook and a yarn of your choice and lets begin to crochet.
Step 1: Stuff You Will Need
Crochet hooks and yarn are of enormous variety, ranging from texture to color. If you are a beginner, I would suggest you to use acrylic or cotton yarn as they are easy to work with and are versatile.
For this project you will need:
- 25 grams of yarn (cotton or acrylic is preferred)
- 3mm crochet hook
- Bobby pins or hair clips
- Super glue or Hot glue
Step 2: Chaining
To begin any crochet project you require a chain to work around.
- Start by creating a loop and inserting the hook into loop.
- After you have a loop on your hook, yarn over (bring the yarn end of the yarn ball around the crochet hook from the right side) and pull through the loop.
- Repeat the same (yarn over and pull) till you have 16 chains.
Step 3: Single Crochet
- After you have 16 chains, insert the hook into the second chain from the hook.
- Next yarn over and pull through the loop.
- Now you have two loops on your hook, yarn over again and pull through both the loops.
- And that's it you have your first stitch.(Insert the hook into the next stitch and repeat step 2 & 3)
- Repeat this step till the last chain so as to have 15 stitches in total on the first row.
Step 4: The Second Row
- After you have 15 stitches chain 1 and turn your project around to begin working from the right side again.
- Insert hook into the second chain from the hook and continue to single crochet.
- Repeat until you have eight rows in total with each row containing 15 stitches.
- After you've crocheted the eighth row yarn over pull through the loop and cut the yarn.
- Have 2 inches of spare yarn before you cut. Tuck away this spare strand into the stitches.
- Now you should have a rectangular piece of material.
Step 5: Forming the Bow
- Gather the material at the middle(as shown in picture) to form a bow shape.
- Use yarn strand to wrap around that middle region to stabilize the bow.I have used a braided piece of yarn to wrap the bow.
- After wrapping a few turns secure it with a knot at the back of the bow.(you can choose your right side to the bow)
- Stretch the bow lightly to bring out its shape.
Step 6: Gluing and Accessorizing
- Add some hot glue or a drop of super glue on your hair pin and attach the bow to the clip.
- Adjust the bow by stretching it lightly.
After this step if you wish you could add some crystals to your bow. You can even try making bows of different sizes by reducing chain size and number of rows.
And thus your cute crocheted bow is ready!