Gather all the materials and start making one!
Step 1: Materials Needed
1) Cotton Fabric- (orange- for the beak, white or cream- for the bottom, patterned- for the rest),
2) Needle and thread,
3) Template- for the bird,
4) Paper, pencil or pen,
5) Glue (white glue or hot glue),
7) Small black beads- for the eyes.
Step 2: Template, Tracing and Cutting
I've attached a picture of the template I drew, it isn't so hard, you can draw the template easily. I could have drew a simpler version of the template but I didn't want to cause any confusion for the beginner crafters. I've also added numbers of each pieces you'll need to cut.
Just to be clear- the bottom part of the body should be 1.5-2 cm longer than the top body part.
The template includes:
- Tail: 2 pieces (1 plain fabric, 1 patterned fabric),
- Wings: 4 pieces (2 plain fabrics, 2 patterned fabrics),
- Body parts: sides- 2 pieces (both patterned fabrics), top-1 piece (patterned fabric), bottom- 1 piece (plain fabric).
- Beak: 1 small round piece (orange fabric).
Don't forget to iron the fabric to flatten it.