I've been trying to make a plushie bird for the last 3 days! but they don't turn out so good. And finally, in my third attempt I made one cute and fluffy plushie bird. This instructable will show how to make this cute plushie bird in few easy steps. It's really easy to make, and great for Holiday gift.
Gather all the materials and start making one!
Step 1: Materials Needed
1) Cotton Fabric- (orange- for the beak, white or cream- for the bottom, patterned- for the rest),
2) Needle and thread,
3) Template- for the bird,
4) Paper, pencil or pen,
5) Glue (white glue or hot glue),
7) Small black beads- for the eyes.
Step 2: Template, Tracing and Cutting
I've attached a picture of the template I drew, it isn't so hard, you can draw the template easily. I could have drew a simpler version of the template but I didn't want to cause any confusion for the beginner crafters. I've also added numbers of each pieces you'll need to cut.
Just to be clear- the bottom part of the body should be 1.5-2 cm longer than the top body part.
The template includes:
- Tail: 2 pieces (1 plain fabric, 1 patterned fabric),
- Wings: 4 pieces (2 plain fabrics, 2 patterned fabrics),
- Body parts: sides- 2 pieces (both patterned fabrics), top-1 piece (patterned fabric), bottom- 1 piece (plain fabric).
- Beak: 1 small round piece (orange fabric).
Don't forget to iron the fabric to flatten it.