They can download and print out the flags I've drawn; either in full colour, or blank line drawing versions which they can colour-in themselves!
Step 1: To Make the Flags, You Will Need:
Clean lolly sticks (or bamboo skewers, cut in half, or pencils, or plastic straws)
- Joey's Dream Garden Sandcastle flags coloured in version, not for commercial use.pdf
- Joey's Dream Garden Sandcastle Flags, outlines version, not for commercial use.pdf
Step 2: Print and Colour-in the Flags
You could also print onto interesting paper, for example brown kraft paper cut to A4 size to fit in your printer, or other coloured paper.
Step 3: Cut the Flags Out
Step 4: Insert the Flag-pole
Step 5: Fold the Flag Over
Step 6: One Double-sided Flag, Awaiting a Sandcastle!
Unfortunately, I'm not going to the seaside this year... (sob!) But because I still want to see LOTS of sandcastles with these flags in, I'm offering a prize to the most impressive and imaginative sandcastle bearing one of these flags! If you want to have the chance to win an exclusive Joey's Dream Garden brooch, here's what you need to do:
1. Make at least one of the flags
2. Make a sandcastle (it doesn't have to be on a beach; in a sandpit would do if, like me, you can't get to the seaside)
3. Take a photo of your creation
4. Add your photo to the Flickr group http://www.flickr.com/groups/sandcastleflags/ - if you've made lots of flags and sandcastles, please add as many photos of them as you wish!
The closing date is Monday, 13 September 2010, 00:00 on Howland Island (i.e. GMT -12 hrs; click here to find your timezone's equivalent time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html ) and I will contact the winner via Flickr soon after.
Thank you for reading this instructable, and if you get to the seaside, happy sandcastle-building! :D