Introduction: Cute and Tasty Spam Musubi
Sweeten up your lunch box with this cute little spam musubi recipe! "Musubi" refers to any two object joined together by something else, which in this case, is spam and sushi rice joined by nori.
Step 1: Slice Spam
Cut spam into slice roughly 2 inches long by 1 inch wide, and 1/8 inch thick. The goal is to have the musubi fit in one byte, so adjust according to who is eating (care for the person enjoying the food is the ultimate ingredient)!
Step 2: Rice and Nori
- Cook rice as you normally would using a rice cooker, though medium/short grain japanese rice is the best choice
- make the rice fluffy using a spatula
- mix one bowl of rice with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar and half tsp salt
- wash and damp your hand with clean water
- grab a palm full of rice, compress with both hands into firm, rectangular prism
- cut a piece of nori that's about 6 inch long by 1/4 inch wide
- place the nori underneath the rice
Step 3: Wasabi Paste
- If you like, apply a small amount of wasabi atop the rice
Step 4: Wrap With Nori
- Place spam above the rice;
- take one grain of rice and stick it to one end of the nori
- wrap nori around into a musubi, and use that grain of rice to form the loop.
Step 5: Enjoy!
- Eat right away, or store in the fridge and bring it for lunch the next day, Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.