I am going to attempt to show you how I made my Daft Punk Helmet and suit from the film Tron.
We go to a festival each year that is mainly fancy dress and this year we had an epic task of making these suits. My helmet was fashioned from a Boba Fett Helmet from start wars and 8 months and about £250 quids worth of modelling gear.
The main materials used for this were:
- Black sticky back vinyl
- 2 x light strips for eyes
- 4mm plasti card for face sculpting and ear pieces and head band across the top
- Asetate sheet for eye visor
- blue cable for rear of head
- lots of araldite
- Silcion, silver
- sand paper for sanding edges down, wet n dry
- sticky back mirror sheet - vinyl
- Modelling foam for ear pieces (first attempt)
- LED's for ear pieces, single hi power blue 3V
- Filler spray (melted the foam, spray lightly and build up)
- Black and Silver spray paint
Step 1: The original Helmet
I cut away a lot of the front and replaced it with plasticard and aluminium sheet.