This DC-DC Step Up Module is a module that converts the input voltage from range 0.9V ~ 4.8V to 5V.
- Input voltage: 0.9 to 4.8 VDC
- Maximum output voltage: 5 VDC
- Maximum load current can be standed: 600mA
- Directly connect via USB-A type Female socket to power devices
- Small size: 34 mm x 16.2 mm x 7 mm
- Up to 96% conversion efficiency
- Status light indicator
Step 1: Material Preparation
For this tutorial, you need to have the following items:
- DC-DC Step Up Module
- Crocodile Clip
- Male-Male Jumper Wires
- DC Jack (Female)
- Power Adapter or Battery
Step 2: Pin Connection
In order to observe the output voltage in 3 different voltage conditions, the DC-DC Step Down Converter is used to step down the voltage to 1.2V, 3.0V and 4.5V. To obtain the result, below is the steps:
- Connect the power supply 6V to DC-DC Step Down Converter and tuning the potential meter in order to get output voltage 1.2V (3.0V and 4.5V for the other turns).
- Connect the output voltage 1.2V to DC-DC Step Up module.
- Use the multimeter to check the output of DC-DC Step Up module.
- Repeat the step by using the different voltage.
Note: If you are using battery, the total battery voltage used should not exceed 5V.
Step 3: Result (1.2V)
Based on the picture above, it shows that the output voltage is fixed at 5V with low input voltage of 1.2V.
Step 4: Result (3.0V)
Based on the picture above, the input voltage have been increased to 3.0V and the output voltage at the USB port is constant at 5V.
Step 5: Result (5V)
Based on the picture above, the input voltage have been increased to 4.5V yet the output voltage at the USB port is constant at 5V.