Introduction: DIY 0$ Bike Bottle & Bottle Holder
Here are few advantages:
- The bottle holder is cheap!
- You may choose any bottle of any shape you like.
- Don't worry if the bottle will be stolen. It's cheap too!
Step 1: Materials & Tools
- Main steel wire about 0.8 metre (strong but able to curve).
- Soft wire. I used it as template.
- A tin plate as base for holder. Choose suitable size.
- Spray paint.
- A bottle to be a bike bottle.
- A bottle with a cap or just a cap easy to drink when you ride a bike (see photo). This cap must fit to the bike bottle.
- Soldering gun, a solder, soldering acid.
- A drill.
- A sandpaper.
- A hexagonal wrench.
Step 2: Preparing the Base
First, you sould measure the distance between the holes on the bike frame.
Fold a small part of one side of the base at a 90 degree angle. It will help in the future.
Mark the locations for future holes on the base.
Drill the holes.
Step 3: Curving and Soldering
Unfortunately, some photos were lost. I apologize in advance.
Fasten the base to the bike frame. The bent edge should face down.
Then, you need to put the bottle to the base and imagine what the shape of the bottle holder is better. I suggest you Google search to see the variety of shapes. It must fit to your bottle.
Take a soft metal wire and make a template of upper side of bottle holder. Then copy with strong wire.
Follow the same steps to the bottom.
Solder each the resulting part a little to fix the position at the base. Then solder finally. (Welding is better)
Take a sandpaper and sand the wire and the solder.
Try to put the bottle into your bottle holder. The bottle holder must fit tightly to the bottle and securely hold it.
Check durability of bottle holder.
Now it's almost done. Time to paint.
Step 4: Painting
Before painting I took a piece of plywood about 300x40 mm and screwed the bottle holder on it. It gives comfortable painting.
I made about 4 layers of paint.
After the paint is completely dry, install the bottle holder on the bike frame.
Step 5: Making a Bike Bottle
It's the easiest step.
Just swap the caps of the bottles :)
Step 6: Enjoy
It' cheap. All parts I found at home.
And I saved the world from plastic bottle again! :)
I made a video to show you how it looks.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.