Have you haver need energy for charging your mp3, cellphone, etc. when you're out of home?!
I had.. So i decide to describe how to build your portable charger.
I hope to be useful.
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, I'M ITALIAN!
Step 1: What you need
- 5v regulator (i used a 7805)
- Small piece of velcro
- USB female port
- 9v battery
- 9v battery attach
- A box (i used an old burned modem)
- Hot glue (optionally)
- A solder
Step 2: The 5v regulator scheme
Watch the image, put the regulator at the same rotation of the image.
- On the first on the left you have to sold the RED 9v cable
- On the center sold the BLACK 9v cable
- On the first on the right you have to sold the RED usb cable
- Screw togheter the WHITE, BLACK and GREEN cable of the usb on the center (take the distance from the other one)
Step 4: Time to finish it..
I put a little piece of velcro under the battery and under the 5v regulator, hot glue under the usb port and then i closed the box..
Et voilÃ .. This is the final result..
Step 5: Does it works?!
Attach the cable on the usb port, the other side on the phone, and...
..magically.. IT WORKS!!
Happy recharging with your easy-build 9v battery portable recharger..
P.S. if you can use rechargable 9v battery.. you save money and save the world!