Introduction: DIY AIR DRY CLAY!!!
DIY Air Dry Clay at home
- easy and fun to make
- easy ingredients
- no bake
- not edible
- soft texture
Here is some of my work :)
- hot dog buns
- and my favorite Gimbap a Korean food :D ( i used my poster color for the sauce :D)
Hope you guys like it :) god bless!
Step 1: What We Need?
- 1 cup (250 ml) of all Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of Elmer's Glue
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of Cornstarch
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) of any Moisturizer Lotion
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- Plastic cup or a bowl
- Wax paper
- Poster color (you may also use acrylic color or food coloring)
- Plastic ( Zip Plastic)
- Electrical Tape (any kind of Sticky tape)
Step 2: Combine the Dry Ingredients
- Get the Plastic cup
- Put the flour and Cornstarch
- mix using a stick until fully combine
Step 3: Setting Up
- Lay the Wax paper into flat surface and use a tape to secure every corner
- pour the mixer of flour and cornstarch in the wax paper
- make a hole in the center (it's like a volcano)
Step 4: ADD and MIX
- pour the glue first next is cooking oil
- mix the center but not too much
- pour the Moisturizer Lotion ( this will give a soft texture and a fragrance)
- add vinegar
- use your hand to fully combine the ingredients
Step 5: KNEAD :)
- knead the dough for 5-6 minutes
- sprinkle some cornstarch if the dough still stick on your hand
Step 6: Coloring!!!
- divide your dough into 9 pieces
- get the poster color and choose your desired color ( i just have 6 color but i divided the dough into 9 :D so i mix some color to have Brown, Purple and Orange Color)
- add some color in the dough and knead until the color spread
- put the dough in the plastic ( make sure that there's no air left in the plastic! you may also prepare plastic container / zip lock for storing and that's it :D
note: don't let your dough in an open air because it will dry the surrounding of dough and the texture will get hard! :)
your work will dry 6-7 hours - or just leave it over night!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.