Introduction: DIY Battery Powered Solder Fume Extractor
This is a battery powered solder fume extractor. It works up to 3 hours per charge with just one 18650 battery.
The 3d printed parts are available to download at thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2490759
Components you need to build the device:
- (Boost) Converter: https://www.banggood.com/5X-DC-Boost-Converter-2A-...
- Battery Display: https://www.banggood.com/3_7V7_4V-11_1V14_8V-Li-po...
- Battery Protection / Charger: https://www.banggood.com/3Pcs-USB-Lithium-Battery-...
- 18650 Holder: https://www.banggood.com/DIY-1-Slot-18650-Battery-...
- 18650 battery: https://www.banggood.com/1pcs-NCR18650B-3400mAH-3_...
- Carbon Filter: https://www.banggood.com/10pcs-Black-Square-Activa...
- 120mm Fan Grill: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=120mm+fan+ar...
Step 1: Building the Device
For very detailed build instructions watch the Youtube Video
First you need to print the case (Files on Thingiverse)
I made it from PLA. Infill settings are not important on this one. You can use the standart arround 20% infill. No supports and no rafts are needed. Once printing is done put M4 nuts in the corner pieces and glue the pieces into the corners with some super glue.
Second connect all the electronics
Connect it according to the wiring diagram picture or take a look at the Youtube Video. In the Video it is shown very detailed how to connect everything.
Third put everything in the case
Put the electronics into the 3d printed case as shown in the picture. Secure the components with hot glue or super glue. Dont forget the fan grill on the fan. This is not visible on the picture, but shown in the video. Its important to make sure the fan blades can spin freely and dont touch the carbon filter.
Fourth close the case
Carefully put both case halfs together. Dont crush any cables. Screw together the to halfs with M4x40 screw.
2 People Made This Project!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Should I get the 1s, 2s, 3s, or 4s indicator on banggood?
You need the 1s version