Introduction: DIY Beach Theme Aromatherapy Bath Salts
DIY Bath Salts are a great idea for any type of beach themed party. I am making these to give out as my wedding shower party favors. They are fun and easy to make, and smell GREAT!! I have also made them before using lavender essential oils, which is also another great smell. Hope you enjoy this craft!!!
Step 1: Preparation and Materials
You will need:
For the Jar Design
- Jars (any design you like)
- Hot Glue Gun/Glue Sticks
- Modge Podge
- Foam Paint Brush
- Rope Cording
- Sea Shells (I used Sand Dollars)
- Tape to mark off where the sand will go
For the Bath Salts
- Epsom Salts
- Food Coloring
- Essential Oils (choose scent of your liking, I used peppermint)
Step 2: Sanding Your Jar
- Tape off your jar at the points you want the sand to be.
- Using your foam paint brush, place Modge Podge on your jar, between the taped area.
- Roll your jar in your sand until the Modge Podge is fully covered.
- Set aside to dry.
Step 3: Making Your Bath Salts
- While the Modge Podge is drying, move to the Bath Salt Materials.
- Pour Epsom Salts into a large bowl.
- Add about 6-8 drops of Peppermint Oil to your Epsom Salt.
- Mix together with a spoon or your hands.
- Next add your food coloring, making whatever color you desire (I added 10 drops of Blue and 3 Drops of Yellow to make the turquoise color. (some brands of food coloring also provide color mixing charts).
- Stir until food coloring is completely mixed into the Epsom Salts.
Step 4: Finishing the Jar Design
- Remove the tape from your jar.
- Using a glue gun, make a small dot of glue on the back side of the jar.
- Place the end of your cording rope into the glue
- Slowly unwind the cording around the edges of the jar where the sand line ends.
- Wrap the cording around the jar twice, cut it, and glue the end of the cording to the jar.
- Repeat steps on the top of the sand line.
- Take your shell of choice and put a dab of hot glue on the back of the shell.
- Place the shell on the front of your jar, on the sand covered portion.
Step 5: Fill Jar With Salts
- Fill your jar with your completed Bath Salts.
- If your jar has a small opening, a funnel may be used to avoid spilling the Bath Salts everywhere.
- Close the lid and your project is All Done!!