Beeswax is the part of Honey Comb that can be melted down, filtered and used for making various products like Candles, Crayons, Soaps, Lip balm, Moisturising lotion etc., The wax is produced by honey bees transforming the pollen and nectar of flowers into the most amazing array of products like Beeswax, Honey, Bees pollen.
Making of crayons is very easy and fun too... These are kids friendly and it is far better when compared to Soy crayons. The texture of beeswax crayons is very smooth and the fragrance are great. You can add your favourite fragrance by adding Essential oils in it.
Ok! let move on to How to make Home-made Beeswax Crayons (DIY)
Step 1: Materiels needed
90 g of Organic Beeswax
90 g of Soap ( preferably in white colour, I used Olay)
Food Colours ( paste or gel or Powder. Do not use liquid form, it wont mix with the wax ( like oil and water)
1 large Sauce pan
1 Pyrex glass measuring mug
1 Muffin pan
3 cookie cutters
Step 2: Prepare the Mold
1. Place the cookie cutters on the Aluminium foil sheet and cut the sheet according to the size of the cookie cutter.
2. Fold the edges of the sheets to the top of the cookie cutter ( without tearing the sheet)
3. Grease the cookie cutter mold and muffin pan with petroleum jelly.
Step 3: Melt the Beeswax and Soap
1. Grate the Beeswax and soap. Then take both in the Measuring glass cup.
2. Heat water in large pan, place the measuring cup resting inside. Gently, mix the beeswax and soap over low heat.
3. Once it completely melted, Start pouring into the mold.