A little background as to how this whole idea came about.
Back in 2009, I needed some bend sensors for a sign language translation glove I was making for fun, and the commercial ones that just came out were over my budget considering I needed at least 10.
Then I came across plusea's DIY bend sensors on Instructables.
It was what I was looking for but I had one small problem. Well, a few problems actually. (Not with the 'ible of course)
All the different instructables required the use of neoprene, or at least conductive thread and conductive fabric.
I could get the anti static bags locally, but getting the above items would mean the total bill (after shipping and currency exchange rates and tax) would consist of mostly that, and not the cost of the items.
So I decided to see if I could just experiment with the conductive anti static bag(although in all honesty I tried matching it with a whole bunch of other stuff; like carbon paper). It took 2 weeks of playing around during my free time before I finally had a decent build. (Still works to date! )
So for all of you who has a tight budget or like me, can't get easy access to items in the states, this is for you.