It is also just the build of the console, it is not showing it done because you can come up with the way you want to paint, design, profile etc. of your idea. This is just showing you how to get there!
Later I may post my finished console when on the boat.
Step 1: Materials needed
We will need;
* 1" wood for the front face of the console 2 by 3 ft. should cover it (remember you can use your own design and detail, size etc.
* 1/4" board for bottom profile (2 by 2 ft.)
* 3/16" board for cover. (Mine was 7 1/2" by 19")
* 1/8 wood/ cardboard type wood, not sure exactly what the materials name is, as long as it has bend to it should be usable.
*. Hot glue(Lots!)
* Fiberglass kit (Resin, Liquid Hardener, Fiberglass cloth)
* Gloves (You do not want to get this shit on your hands)
* 3/4, 1/4" screws and Finishing nails
* Grinder or saws-all
Step 2: Getting Started
Draw out your face on the 1" board and trace the gauges, fish finder or whatever is going to be on it. Cut it out and check to make sure everything fits. I personally didn't worry about the steering wheel yet, that can come later.