In this Instructable I am going to share an idea for a home built side console that should look like it came from a Ranger, Skeeter, Stratos Bass boats. The Image here is only a idea I was going for, NOT the finished product!
It is also just the build of the console, it is not showing it done because you can come up with the way you want to paint, design, profile etc. of your idea. This is just showing you how to get there!
Later I may post my finished console when on the boat.
Step 1: Materials Needed
I decided to try a few different ways at this. My first attempt with forming plexi-glass did not work out, so I decided to use wood covered with fiberglass.
We will need;
* 1" wood for the front face of the console 2 by 3 ft. should cover it (remember you can use your own design and detail, size etc.
* 1/4" board for bottom profile (2 by 2 ft.)
* 3/16" board for cover. (Mine was 7 1/2" by 19")
* 1/8 wood/ cardboard type wood, not sure exactly what the materials name is, as long as it has bend to it should be usable.
*. Hot glue(Lots!)
* Fiberglass kit (Resin, Liquid Hardener, Fiberglass cloth)
* Gloves (You do not want to get this shit on your hands)
* 3/4, 1/4" screws and Finishing nails
* Grinder or saws-all