I was thinking that it would be possible to staple booklets with a small (and cheap) stapler when the head of the stapler would be turned 90 degrees. So I made some quick sketches.
This is my cheap way to make such a stapler.
You will need:
- A stapler (I found myself a really nice small one for under 2,-)
- Some metal profiles (I used aluminum)
- Bolts and nuts (I used M4)
- A saw (could be a hacksaw, but I love my bandsaw)
- File (or sander)
- A drillpress (or normal drill)
Step 1: The donor
To make it easy and compact I found myself a cheap, small and mostly plastic stapler. The plastic is easy to cut.
First you will need to cut of the bottom part of the stapler.
I had to cut off some sharp corners from the top part to clean it up.
From the bottom part I cut off the braces to make it smooth.