- 2 of your case's original CD bay protectors (the ones made out of plastic)
- one 8 cm fan or possibly two smaller ones. the bigger the fan the better the air flow and the less noise it will make for the same cooling results
- fan screws & drill or glue
- hard-disk power (4pin) to fan power (3-4 pin) connector (if you're not planning to drive it from the motherboard)
- dremel tool with cutting disc
- SAFETY GLASSES!!! high speed cutting tools can damage your eyes
- camera to take pictures and show off
first put the 2 CD bay protectors together and mark the fan's position on their back. this will guide your cutting.