Domo*pes (Arduino Powered Stepper Motor Board.) Preliminary test Before pcb board house.
Domo*pes (Arduino Powered Stepper Motor Board)
Video of CNC cutting wood and birds-eye view of pen plotter
- Laminated Particle Board or whatever smooth flat surface wood is easy for you to work with. I used an old bathroom cabinet.; @ hardware store
- two feet of 1/2 inch PVC Pipe; $ @2 hardware store
- four 1/2 inch PVC elbows; $4 @ hardware store
- one foot of 1/4 inch PVC Pipe; $1 @ hardware store
- six inches of 1/4 inch Copper Pipe; $ @ hardware store
- two 1/4 inch x 20 threaded rod and three nuts to match; $10 @ hardware store
- Copper Pipe Hangers; $2 @ hardware store
- Gas Line Hose that snugly fits the threaded rod; $3/ft. @ auto parts store
- handful of screws and nuts & bolts
- 4 data staples: $1 @ hardware store
- glue: Gorilla Glue, Super Glue
- Craft Foam; $.50 @ Hobby Lobby
- Saw to cut wood
- Pipe Cutter
- Tape Measure & Ruler
- Pencil & Sharpie
- Drill & Bits
Step 1: X Axis
You will need to cut out these pieces
two 8 1/4 x 2 1/2"
one 10 x 2 1/2"
one 8 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2"
Construct like the picture above, making sure it's perfectly square.
Step 2: Glue the bearings
Step 3: Z Axis
one 3 1/2 x 5"
one 4 1/4 x 3 1/2"
one 4 1/2 x 2 1/2"
Step 4: Base
On the elbow there will be a crease, draw a pencil mark.
Measure the 3/4" from the top and you will have your center-point.
Drill holes in PVC elbow. The holes should be the same size of your shaft.
Step 5: Putting the Xaxis and base together
Step 6: Lead Screw
Use pipe hanger to hold the nut.
Step 7: Y Axis
- Measure from the base up, mark and drill. The first screw is a guide.
- Place shaft and mark the second drill hole.