- Stepping Stone Mold
- Mold Release or Light Vegetable Oil and Paint Brush
- Plywood Base Boards
- Particle Mask + Rubber Gloves
- CHENG Outdoor Pro-Formula Admixture
- Sakrete 5000 Plus Concrete Mix
- Wheel Barrow or Bucket
- Mixing Shovel / Hoe / Trowel
- Plastic Drop Cloth / Plastic Bag
Caring for your Mold:
- To protect the mold, place it on a plywood base board to move it around during and after the pour. Lifting the mold from the plastic rim when it's filled with concrete will cause stress and eventually the plastic mold will develop cracks. (A well cared-for mold will last a minimum of 20+ castings).
- When it's time to de-mold, make a 'plywood sandwich' and flip the mold over using the wood, not the plastic rim.
- After the concrete is released, the leftover residue in the mold can be cleaned off with light soap and water.
Step 1: Prepare Mold
- Simply brush a little bit of light vegetable oil or mold release in the form.
- If the oil makes little puddles, you've used way too much. Soak up the excess with a paper towel.
- Too much mold release will make air bubbles in the surface.
- Not using mold release can make the stones more difficult to de-mold, and you'll need to be more careful about damaging the mold.