Privacy can be a concern, though, especially on shared sites. I went camping with a large group on Memorial Day Weekend; I had just picked up a Seattle Sports Solar Camp Shower inexpensively from REI Outlet, and I wanted to be able to use it, but I didn't want to spend money or carry another big thing with me. I searched online and came up empty.
So before I left, I came up with this preliminary design, and I refined it at the site. In the end, it worked great!
Step 1: Materials
- Camp shower (purchased or DIY). Mine was about $5.00 on sale.
- Paracord for hanging the shower.
- Bendable, but not totally flexible, plastic pipe, the kind you can make hula hoops with. What can I say, I'm not a plumber. I got mine at Home Depot in the plumbing section, 100' for about $13, 1/2" diameter.
- Knife or shears to cut the pipe
- Pipe connector ($0.33)
- Bungee cords (4)
- Opaque shower curtain liners (2) - $1.00-$5.00 each
- Shower curtain hangers - mine were left over from a previous tenant