Introduction: DIY - Car Track Gameplay Set
A Homemade DIY Bumpy Car riding Machine for kids using Cardboard. I was planning to make a cool affordable car play set for kids. Since cardboard is quite easily available and affordable, so i decided to use it as the base for my new project. It is a wonderful Bumpy Car Ride Game Play Set for kids.
In this instructable, i will show you how to make amazing car bumpy rides machine play set using cardboard easily at home. The project looks very cool when cars starts rolling over it and a fun toy for kids. This is quite easy to make and uses just few basic materials.
Step 1: Order Parts
- Toy Cars - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- 360° Servo Motor - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- 9v battery - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Ball Bearing - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Battery Connector - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Switch - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Hot Glue Gun - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Stationary Knife - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Toy Cars - http://amzn.to/2nIDUoz
- 360° Servo Motor - http://amzn.to/2uYLnUr
- 9v battery - http://amzn.to/2txOMJL
- Ball Bearing - http://amzn.to/2DX1bJy
- Battery Connector - http://amzn.to/2tegCZf
- Switch - http://amzn.to/2zldMaM
- Hot Glue Gun - http://amzn.to/2vQEINI
- Stationary Knife - http://amzn.to/2q879jK
- Toy Cars - http://amzn.to/2ErmV3x
- 360° Servo Motor - https://amzn.to/2qjXnfw
- 9v battery - http://amzn.to/2ulSibD
- Ball Bearing - http://amzn.to/2rE0Xo0
- Battery Connector - http://amzn.to/2sAZNWa
- Switch - http://amzn.to/2hrhfK5
- Hot Glue Gun - http://amzn.to/2rjNE9r
- Stationary Knife - http://amzn.to/2q1kb6M
From Home & Local Store: Cardboard, Super Glue, wooden Sticks, Toothpicks, tape, plastic pen and connecting wires.
Step 2: Watch the Video
A video is a wonderful tool that provides deep insight to the procedure and makes it easy to understand. However, it is also recommended to visit next steps for additional details and images.
Step 3: Make a Long Shaft
- Take 2 Wooden sticks of about 9" each.
- Using Mini USB Drill, make a hole at the center of one of the edge of both the sticks.
- Insert a toothpick in the hole and apply super glue.
- Insert the other stick over the toothpick through the hole to properly join both the sticks.
- Apply super glue glue and then paste tape over the sticks to secure the joint.
- We now have an 18" long wooden stick.
Step 4: Additions to Shaft
- Starting from any end (leave about 1cm) mark five equidistant points on the shaft.
- On a piece of cardboard, draw few circles equal to the diameter of about an inch.
- Paste two circles over one another and apply tape at the circumference.
- Make 5 such thick circles.
- Drill holes at a point slightly away from the center on all the 5 circles.
- Insert the circles in the long shaft at the 5 marked points and secure them with the hot glue.
- Make sure to refer to the images above to avoid any errors.
Step 5: Begin Making Body
- Take a cardboard piece of about 4" x 2.5".
- Make a hole at the center to fix a 608 bearing.
- Fix the bearing in the hole and secure it using hot glue.
- Take another piece of cardboard of about 18" x 2.5".
- Using the 18" cardboard as base, paste the cardboard with bearing at one of the sides as shown.
- Apply some tape on the wooden stick to increase the diameter and fix the shaft in the bearing hole.
Step 6: Add Servo Motor
- Take a ball pen with internal body diameter equal to that of wooden stick.
- Cut a small piece of pen body and fix it over the motor shaft.
- Apply super glue to attach the servo motor to the wooden shaft using pen body as coupler.
- Apply some small pieces to the 18" cardboard base to raise the level of the motor equal to that of the bearing.
- Secure the motor to the base using hot glue.
Step 7: Connect Components
- Paste a cardboard to close left the side of the shaft and servo motor.
- Cut another cardboard piece with optional windows and a switch.
- Connect one of the motor terminal to a switch terminal.
- Connect the other motor terminal to a '-ve' terminal of battery connector.
- Connect the '+ve' battery clip wire to the remaining switch terminal.
- Insulate all the connections with tape or heat sink tubes.
- Apply hot glue and paste the cardboard to the base.
- Cut another cardboard piece and make a small door in it to insert the battery.
- Fix the battery door to the base and secure it with super glue.
Step 8: Make Ramps
- Cut two long rectangular cardboards equal to the width of about 2.5".
- Make railings on both the sides of both the cardboard pieces.
- Make a slight bend on one of the sides and apply super glue to retain the bent position.
- Apply hot glue to the base body and fix the ramps on both the sides as can be seen in the image above.
Step 9: Make Moving Platforms
- Cut cardboard pieces measuring about:
- 3" x 2.5" - Two pieces
- 2.5" x 1.25"
- 2.5" x 1.5"
- Two trapezium pieces to close the box sides as shown in image.
- Paste both the smaller cardboard pieces to the sides of 3" cardboard.
- Attach trapezium pieces to both the sides using super glue.
- Place the other 3" cardboard piece over the pieces to close the box.
- Cut cardboard slits and make railings on both the sides.
- Make 5 such pieces.
Note: Make sure to watch the video to avoid any errors.
Step 10: Demonstration
- Place all the platforms over the circles on the motor shaft.
- Open the battery door and connect a 9v battery to the circuit.
Our DIY Bumpy car riding Machine is now ready. Turn the switch ON and watch the platforms move up & down in a cyclic manner. Place the cars over the top ramp and enjoy seeing them travelling to the bottom over the bumpy roads.
So Friends, this here concludes the instructable, stay tuned and follow my instructables profile for regular updates. In case you might have missed, watch the video and see how i made this wonderful Bumpy Car riding machine from cardboard at home.
Make this amazing gadget yourself and contact us or share your experiences on our facebook page, twitter and Instagram. You can also SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube Channel GOODTECH - Creativity And Science, where i frequently post new and creative content.
Thanks For Your Support..!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.