I hope you find this useful and as always feel free to ask any question and please vote and rate as you see fit, thank you!!
1 1/2" x 1/4" aluminum bar stock
3/8" aluminum tubing (I got this from a broken DVD rack, one side is already drilled and tapped with its own screw included)
3/8" rubber nipple
tap and die set
Step 1: Sizing and cutting
- Grab your aluminum bar stock ( you could use steel as well) and cut off a 2" to 3" section.
- With a sharpie and square mark your center. Also mark the center at the top of the bar stock.
- Using a center punch make a pilot hole.
Step 2: Drilling your holes
- Drill your first 3/8" hole in the bar stock where you marked. a clamp might be needed.
- On the top of the bar stock drill your 7/32" hole for the set screw. make sure it is centered.
- 7/64" drill bit is used for the 3/8" aluminum tube. you want to set the hole about 1/4" from the edge. Depending on the scribe you find this hole might need to be a different size.