We all like to see the Paper Lanterns hanging in the shop. Most of us would have also tried our hands on the same; however it seldom ends up being perfect.
Paper lanterns can be used to decorate home during Christmas. Usually, we buy those lanterns from the market and hang it.
Did you ever think of making a new design of paper lantern? No? Well, here we bring to you a completely new and unique paper lantern, which will attract lot of admirers to your home.
Step 1: Things Needed for Making This Paper Lantern
- Colour paper
- Craft glue
Step 2: Let's Mark the Distances on Paper!
- Take 2 different colour sheets. Here we are using green and yellow colour for making the Paper Lantern.
- Use a scale and measure 2 cm on the green sheet.
- Divide the whole sheet into 2 cm distance and mark the points at both the edges of the sheet.
- Join the lines touching the points at both ends.
Step 3: Mark the Distances of Different Length and Cut It
- Again measure 1 cm distance and mark the sheet such that every time the distance increases by 1 cm.
- In other words, we need strips of 2cm width but of different length. Each strip should be shortened by 1 cm than the previous one.
- Cut out the strips and keep them aside.
- Take the yellow sheets and repeat the same process.
Step 4: Arrange the Strips in Alternate Manner and Stich It.
- Place the different colour sheets one after the other.
- Take a needle and thread and stitch the sheets at one end.
- Now fold the strips and again stitch the ends so that it looks like a petal with alternate colours.
- Take out the strips and arrange them in a shell like manner.
- Stick the strips to each other forming a shell.
- To hang the lantern, stitch a thread on the inner side.
Step 5: Your Beautiful Shell Paper Lantern Is Ready to Use!!
You can keep a light inside and hang the same near the door. The shell pattern gives the lantern an entirely different look. It is simple to make and does not take much time. You can use different colour combination based on your preference. The materials used here is minimal, however the Lantern looks very attractive and unique.