Introduction: DIY Coffee Bag Wallet
Hey momoluvers, it's Momo and today I wanted to make a coffee bag wallet! I made this a while ago using this tutorial and thought it was such a cool concept, so I wanted to make an updated version (since the original instructable was made almost 8 years ago). Even though the concept is the same, I completely changed the appearance of this wallet. I think this looks much nicer, even though it is a little more work than it's predecessor. This is another completely made from scratch instructable; I created the template and the tutorial from nothing so I hope you enjoy!
If you are interested in making this super simple craft, keep reading and vote for me in the before and after contest and the unusual uses contest!
Step 1: Supplies
1. Printable Wallet Template
3. Sewing Machine
4. Pen or Marker
5. Coffee Bag
Step 2: Preparation
1. Print out the template and cut out each piece.
** For the outer shell piece, cut along the bold black line, not the opaque line. **
2. Cut the coffee bag so that it lays flat. This can be done by cutting down one side of the bag and cutting along the entire bottom until it lays flat.
3. Trace each template piece onto the back of the coffee bag and cut them out, making sure the lines are as clean as possible. It is safer to trace the pieces on the back of the bag so you don't mess up the pattern with pen, but I wanted to make the pieces have a certain design on the bag, so I traced carefully on the front.
Step 3: Sewing the Pockets
1. Take the three left pocket pieces and stack them from biggest to smallest, with the middle card slot between the two. Line them up so that there is an equal amount of space between the three pieces.
2. Tape them in place so they stay secure as you sew along the inner edge. When you reach the end, back stitch it a couple times to keep it secure then cut it closely to the seam.
3. Repeat this process with the right pocket pieces.
Step 4: Constructing the Body
1. Using the outer shell template from earlier, cut along the opaque line, so the shape is smaller.
2. Trace the smaller shape onto the inside of the larger piece.
3. Crease along the lines so that they fold over and create a softer edge on the outside.
4. Tape each section down so that it doesn't come up as you sew.
Step 5: Putting It All Together
1. Start by placing the left pocket section on the left side of the outer shell piece, lining it up as closely as possible.
2. Make sure it stays secure as you sew a tight seam around the edges. Remove the pieces of tape as you come close to a new section.
** Do not sew over the tape! **
Step 6: Finished!
Thank you so much for reading this instructable, I hope you enjoyed my remake of the coffee bag wallet. Leave your thoughts below in the comment section and let me know if you would like to see more tutorials like this!
Also remember to vote for me in the before and after contest as well as the unusual uses contest, Thanks!
I discovered Instructables 4 years ago and have been on a journey through crafting and creating ever since. I am very passionate about making DIY's and would love to share them with you, so subscribe if you haven't already!