I got the corks from some one who posted an ad on freecycle.org and the plywood at a wood shop (they did not need it any more). The other materials that you will need are:
- a ruler
- a pencil, pen or marker
- a steak knife (or any small serated knife) to cut the corks
- wood glue
- masking tape/painters tape
- some water base paint for the frame
- a small brush
- a hot glue gun and some sticks of glue
- some water base wood finish
Step 1: Processing the corks!
Once you have soaked the corks, let them dry for an hour or so and get ready to cut them!
BE CAREFUL!!! Cutting the corks on half longwise is a bit tricky yet it will double the amount of corks for the board plus it is easier to set them and glue them to the board.
While I was cutting the corks, I grouped them by colour and shape which proves helpful if you plan on making a specific design.